Our building features:
- Central location in midtown
- Large shared parking lot, plus free street parking in the neighborhood
- Elevator to our second floor location
- Six large, bright classrooms with high ceilings and natural light
- Spacious library/event room
- Easy access from local freeway
- Walking distance to the Capitol and other midtown attractions.
After years of dreaming and planning, the Alliance Française moved into the CLARA — the E. Claire Raley Studios for the Performing Arts — in midtown Sacramento. This unique and groundbreaking space provides studios for arts groups, an auditorium, and a gathering place for neighbors and artists alike.
The City of Sacramento agreed to lease the brick schoolhouse, formerly the Fremont School, at 2420 N Street from the Sacramento school district and sublease it to the Studios for the Performing Arts, which is transforming the building into a home for the Sacramento Ballet as well as a variety of other arts groups.
Opened in 1921, The Fremont School was closed to children in the 1970s due to seismic concerns. It continued until 2012 as an adult education center, but then remained empty until its current renovation which now brings the building up to present day standards.
Do you know CLARA?
The Alliance Française is thrilled to be a part of the CLARA
Check out what our neighbors are up to en ce moment:
Capital Stage Theater Company
Brazilian Center for Cultural Exchange of Sacramento
McKeever School of Irish Dance
Sacramento Preparatory Music Academy
Face coverings continue to be required, regardless of vaccination status, in public areas of CLARA.